- To begin, type the following into your web browser's address bar.
192.168.0.1 then press the 'enter' key on your keyboard.
- Enter the default log in information, then click on the blue Login button.
Username: cusadmin Password: password
Note: You are encouraged to change your password at this for security purposes.
How to Change Your Password
- Click on “Basic Setup” on the left hand side. The password tab should already be selected. If not, click on the top tab that says “password”.
- Enter your current password in the first field. This may still be the default password from when you first set up your Westman Home Wi-Fi modem (cusadmin)
- Enter your new desired password in the next field. A good rule of thumb is that your password should include at least on upper case character, one lower case character and one number.
Changing WiFi Name and Password
- Click on Wireless on the left hand menu.
- Change the WiFi name (SSID) in the field marked “Primary SSID” and click on “Apply” by scrolling down.
- Click on the tab labelled “Security”.
- Change the field labeled “Pre-shared Key” to a password of your choosing. A good rule of thumb is that your password should include at least on upper case character, one lower case character and one number, and it requires a minimum of 8 characters.
Change WiFi Name (SSID) here, click Apply after scrolling down.
Click on the “Parental Control” selection on the left hand side
To Enable the Web Site Blocking, click on the “Enable” box so that is has a check mark in it.
Then in the field below, add the URL of the site you want to block, for example, "www.example.com". Then click “Add”. The site now moves into the blocked site list.
You can do the same by entering just a keyword, for example “adult”. All sites with the word “adult” in the URL will be blocked
To remove a site from the list, click on the one you wish to remove so that it is highlighted, then click on the “Remove” button. The “Clear List” button will remove everything in the list.
Site blocking is only a tool to help aid desirable web surfing.