Home-Wi-Fi - How to Hook Up and Log In for The First Time
This quick set up guide has instructions on how to hook up your Home Wi-Fi hardware and also include the first time hook up instructions shown below.
- To begin, type the following into your web browser's address bar.
192.168.0.1 then press the 'enter' key on your keyboard.
- Enter the default login information, then click on the blue Login button.
User name: cusadmin
You should now see a screen like the one on the right.
Note: You are encouraged to change your password at this for security purposes.
How to Change Your Password
- Click on 'Basic Setup' on the left-hand side. The password tab should already be selected. If not, click on the top tab that says 'password'.
- Enter your current password in the first field. This may still be the default password from when you first set up your Westman Home Wi-Fi modem
- Enter your new desired password in the next field. A good rule of thumb is that your password should include at least one upper case character, one lower case character and one number.
Parental Controls & Website Blocking
Click on the 'Parental Control' selection on the left-hand side.
To Enable the Web Site Blocking, click on the 'Enable' box so that is has a checkmark in it.
Then in the field below, add the URL of the site you want to block. For example, "www.example.com". Then click 'Add'. The site now moves into the blocked site list.
You can do the same by entering just a keyword, for example 'adult'. All sites with the word 'adult' in the URL will be blocked
To remove a site from the list, click on the one you wish to remove so that it is highlighted, then click on the 'Remove' button. The 'Clear List' button will remove everything on the list.
Site blocking is only a tool to help aid desirable web surfing.