No worries, let's see if we can fix this together so you can get you back to enjoying your favorite TV shows.
- First make sure that all of the cords are hooked up tight and none are damaged.
- Make sure that there is a cord connecting the wall to your cable box (coaxial), a cord going from the box to the TV (could be coax, component, or HDMI) and a cord from the cable box to power.
- Confirm that the cable box is powered on. There should be an amber power light or a channel number or time showing on the front of the box.
- If the box is turned off, power it on with the cable/CBL button on your remote.
- If the box doesn't turn on, try plugging the power cord into another spot on the power bar or another wall outlet. Make sure that the TV set is also turned on. If it is not getting power try another power source for it as well.
- If you are still unable to get a picture please contact our local support desk via phone, chat or email.